Mechanical Engineer for Instrument Development
At JJ X-Ray, we share a passion for developing mechanical instruments that will facilitate ground-breaking research results in synchrotron radiation and neutron scattering communities all over the world. We are company in growth and are looking for talented individuals who will join us in this effort and bring new ways of thinking to our company.
You will be part of a team of highly skilled and innovative engineers, physicists and technicians responsible for the development and manufacturing of state-of-the-art scientific instrumentation. Over the years, our product portfolio has expanded significantly in close collaboration with our expert customers and through our own R&D projects. You will have an important role in this development including:
- Mechanical design and construction of instruments with very fine tolerances and motions with nano-scale resolution as well as moving mechanics under extreme conditions such as ultra-high vacuum, high head load and radiation environments
- Project contributor throughout the project from public tenders to design and manufacturing, test and delivery
- Direct communication with costumers through design meetings and through writing of technical reports and documentation
- A degree in mechanical engineering, physics or similar
- Experience with 3D mechanical design in programs such as Autodesk Inventor or similar
- Experience with the design of moving mechanical systems
- Knowledge about solid mechanics and thermo dynamics, preferably with tools as ANSYS or COMSOL Multiphysics
- Advantageous to have experience with Finite Element Methods, both mechanical and thermal, preferably also with vibrations
- Experience with technical report writing in English
- Experience with project management
- Coordination and planning capacities as well as sense for details
On the personal level, we expect that you are excited about working with advanced mechanical systems in the forefront of the technical development and that you master complex constructions and processes. In addition to this, you strive for high quality, take responsibility for the process and work hard to meet deadlines.
The external company language is English so a proficiency in written and spoken English is required. The internal language is both Danish and English, so there is no requirement to master Danish.
For the right applicant, this is an extremely exciting position with possibilities for both professional and personal development.
About the Company
JJ X-Ray is a Scandinavian company situated near Denmark´s capital Copenhagen. Since 1995, we have developed highly specialized components and assemblies for scientific x-ray, synchrotron radiation and neutron instrumentation. This includes micro- or even nano-precision moving mechanics under extreme conditions such as ultrahigh vacuum, high head load and radiation environments.
|Erfaring||At least 3 years working experience|
|IT/CAD||3D mechanical design in programs such as Autodesk Inventor or similar
ANSYS or COMSOL Multiphysics
|Beliggenhed||Hørsholm, near Copenhagen|
Teknik Bureauet ApS
You are also welcome to contact Bill René Hansen at: +45 2026 0225 or +45 4444 0225.
Interviews are held continuously so please send your application as soon as possible.