Experienced R&D Project Manager to high-end, international marine solutions
Are you passionate about innovation and eager to lead development of new solutions to customer problems? And would you like to work with an engaged team of professionals? Then the following might be interesting!
At Emerson Marine in Næstved, which is also the headquarter of 530 employees worldwide, you are part of the R&D and solution management department of appr. 23 dedicated and highly skilled colleagues. As a R&D project Manager you will have the chance to lead cross-organization teams and collaborate with different partners to develop new products from maturing the idea to developing the product to successfully launching it to market.
Besides the role as a R&D Project Manager you will be responsible for managing your own R&D mechanical team of 3-5 skilled mechanical engineers.
With this base and the back-up to take the lead you have every opportunity to be the success we need. Everyone in Næstved is looking forward to welcoming you.
The position is new so we also welcome new ways of thinking to our company.
You will be reporting to Bo Stenlev Frederiksen, Director R&D & Solution Management.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to you then join our team in Næstved, Denmark!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Lead New Product Development according to Emerson Stage-Gate model
- Drive innovation processes and lead feasibility studies
- Be proactive in driving new insights to a matureness level where it will be possible to evaluate the potential
- Work with external knowledge hubs in the conceptualization phase like marine hubs, universities, etc.
- Lead a smaller, mechanical R&D Development team and ensure they develop competencies in line with the needs
- Set the right team across our global marine organization to be successful with the project to manage risk and a fast time to market
- Report status and progress on Gate/Steering Committee meetings
- Keep portfolio dashboard updated with key achievement dates and key business case parameters
- Follow the launched products to be successful in the market with booking performance tracking
- Conduct retrospectives with the team to capture key learning
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent work experience
- Previous proven experience in R&D engineering
- Proven project management skills for several cross-functional product developments
- Flexible, well organized, and forward-thinking
- Able to work in an autonomous manner and to take initiatives
- Proficiency in English; other EU language is a plus
- Interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal skills to facilitate effective communication of technical ideas
WHO YOU ARE:
You are passionate about pursuing new technologies and anticipate future trends. You seize opportunities and create competitive strategies in order to build and deliver solutions that meet and exceed customer expectations. You are committed to following the highest quality standards in our customer interactions.
Are you interested?
For more information about the job please contact Susanne Lund from Teknik Bureauet, telephone 41211319. Please send your application by using this link “APPLY”.
Teknik Bureauet is responsible for the entire recruitment process – please address all enquiries and questions to Teknik Bureauet. We process all applications consecutively – do not hesitate to submit your application today.
OUR OFFER TO YOU:
By joining Emerson as a Research and Development Project Manager & Team Leader, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their unique experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas and diversity of thoughts, that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
We encourage and support several Employee-led Resources Groups that promote a diverse and inclusive workplace, among them Women in Stem and LGBTQ+A.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Learn more about this here : https://www.emerson.com/en-us/careers/diversity-and-inclusion
Emerson Marine is a business unit within the large American group Emerson. Emerson Marine is market leading within the marine business and offers integrated control and monitoring systems, valve remote control systems as well as monitoring of cargo and service tanks and flow solutions for all types of ships and offshore units. The headquarter is placed in Naestved, Denmark where you will also find production facilities. We also have production facilities in Ry, Denmark (software house), Sweden, South Korea and China. Furthermore, we are represented by sales and/ or service sites in marine strategic countries like Sweden, Greece, UAE, Singapore, Holland, Turkey and USA. Marine has 530 employees worldwide of which approximately 170 are placed in Denmark.
For more information about the job please contact Susanne Lund from Teknik Bureauet, telephone 41211319